The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2022-23 school year opens on Friday, Oct. 1, 2021. Here are six reasons to fill out the form ASAP.
- Some aid is limited and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Eligible students who apply for the Access Missouri Grant program between Feb. 1 and Apr. 1, 2022, will only receive an award if funding is available. Fill out the FAFSA early to have the best shot at getting financial aid dollars.
- Completing the FAFSA early removes an important item from your to-do list. It is now easier than ever before, and it usually takes 30 minutes or less to complete. With the FAFSA done, you can concentrate on your schoolwork.
- While “federal” is in the name, the FAFSA is also required to apply for state grants and scholarships. Don’t leave money on the table. Fill out the form.
- Some grant and scholarship programs have FAFSA deadlines that are closer than you think. The priority deadline for the Access Missouri grant program is Feb. 1, 2022, for the 22-23 academic year. That’s just four months away!
- OTC offers more than $1 million in scholarships each year, but you have to fill out the FAFSA to be eligible for them. Even if you have a scholarship this year, you have to fill out the FAFSA again to renew your scholarship for the next academic year. C’mon smarty. You earned that scholly. Make sure you keep it.
- And finally, the first F in FAFSA stands for free!The only thing you’ll spend is a few minutes of your time, but the potential reward is priceless. Completing the FAFSA early will give you a clear idea of how much your next year of college will cost, and you can make a plan for how to pay for the portion not covered by grants and scholarships.
- Go hereto complete the FAFSA. Remember to add OTC’s school code: 030830
- To apply for state financial aid, visit this website.
- You can apply for OTC scholarships here.