Ozarks Technical Community College will offer accelerated, two-week manufacturing boot camps this summer to meet the needs of the industry. Students pay nothing to attend the boot camp, and financial grants are available for living expenses. Anyone may enroll in the class as long as they are at least 18 years old.
The college will offer two sections of the boot camp.
- Section one begins on Monday, June 14 and concludes on Friday, June 25. The class will meet from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- Section two begins on Monday, June 28 and concludes on Friday, July 9. However, section two will meet four days a week from 7 a.m.-6 p.m. Week one will meet Monday-Thursday. Week two will meet Tuesday-Friday.
Each boot camp section can accommodate up to 20 students. Classes will be held in the ITTC building on the OTC Springfield Campus.
“Thankfully, our local economy is strong and continues to grow, but to continue that growth, local employers indicate that they need skilled workers,” said OTC Chancellor Hal Higdon. “These short-term boot camps will prepare students to be productive and safe employees as soon as they walk on the floor of a local manufacturer.”
Students in the class will gain exposure to basic manufacturing skills, such as:
- Safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Introduction to manufacturing, including product life cycle, materials, assembly and processes.
- Blueprint reading basics.
- Inspection, including basic measurements and tolerances.
- Quality, including 5S and lean.
- Introduction to mechatronics (CNC, additive manufacturing, robotics).
Students who complete the course will earn a 10-hour safety certificate from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
For more information, visit the Summer Manufacturing Bootcamp Website. Students interested in enrolling in the program should call the Center for Workforce Development at 417-447-8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.