Mental Health Week at OTC is Sept. 26-30. Join OTC Counseling Services and the Office of Student Engagement at “Let’s Taco ‘Bout Mental Health” events supporting Mental Health Awareness. Stop by for goodies (while supplies last), mental health techniques and important information.
- Monday, Sept. 26 – Taco ‘Bout Your Feelings, Donut Bottle Them Up Having trouble communicating your thoughts and feelings? Stop by the counseling table in the Atrium from 8–10 a.m. to pick up some tips on communicating with others, learn about our Mental Health Week events and enjoy free donuts.
- Tuesday, Sept. 27 – Mental Health for Survivors Workshop Experiencing trauma is incredibly common, but many people do not know what trauma is and how it can affect our everyday lives. This workshop covers the basics of trauma and its impact so that you can more fully understand your own experiences or better support a loved one. Walk away with coping and self-care resources for improved mental health. Students, faculty and staff are welcome to attend in ICW 108B from 1-2:30 p.m. Students who attend will be entered into a raffle for a gift basket.
- Wednesday, Sept. 28 – Let’s Taco ‘Bout Stress Stressed out and need to relax? Join us at the Student Plaza from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. for fun in the sun. We’ll have bubbles, outdoor games, snow cones, a live music demonstration — and Pet Therapy of the Ozarks will be there to provide some furry relaxation. Like yoga? Bring your mat and your moves for a group session.
- Thursday, Sept. 29 – Let’s Taco ‘Bout Mindfulness Need help focusing on the present? Enjoy coffee, chocolate and coloring? Come to the Jared Family Atrium from 8-10 a.m. for some relaxing, mindful moments sponsored by Student Engagement and Counseling Services. We’ll provide coffee, chocolate, coloring pages and tips on mindfulness.
- Friday, Sept. 30 – Let’s Taco ‘Bout How to Save a Life Have you or someone you loved been affected by suicide? September is National Suicide Prevention Month, and Counseling Services will be in the Atrium from 9-11 a.m. with resources and information — including warning signs of suicide and who to contact if you need help.
In keeping with the week’s theme, Café 101 is offering 20% off a Blue Taco order for students who participate in (or stop by) these events on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of the week.