Class registration for the upcoming spring semester begins next week at Ozarks Technical Community College, and predicting how much the enrollment will increase is difficult, especially when it jumped 16.6 percent last spring.
“Certainly it is difficult to predict how much growth we might experience for the upcoming spring. We would be pleased to see most of the students enrolled this fall semester return for spring,” said Joan Barrett, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs.
Registration for students with 30 credit hours or more begins Nov. 9. Students with 15-29 hours can begin registering Nov. 11. Students with less than 15 hours can begin registering Nov. 15. New students can begin registering Nov. 18.
“As we’ve seen in recent years, hard economic times often affect the enrollment of a community college the most as people turn to technical and career-development courses, as well as college transfer courses, to improve their chances of finding a job,” Barrett said.
All new students are required to attend an advising session prior to registration. Call 417-447-6944 for a Student Advising and Registration (STAR) session for the Springfield campus. Students attending the Richwood Valley campus one of OTC’s three education centers need to contact the location.
Current and returning students need to log onto My OTC to see their assigned advisor.
New students should:
• Have their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form completed and processed. It’s available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
• Go to www.otc.edu to fill out the online application. They should receive an acceptance letter in approximately a week’s time.
• Have their college, high school or GED transcripts sent to the OTC admission department.
When they come to campus:
• Bring a photo ID. Payment is not required when registering.
• If you haven’t taken the ACT or a test score is more than two years old, you will have to take a COMPASS test free of charge to help place you in the correct general education courses.
• Students can sign up for classes, either in person or online.
For more information, go to www.otc.edu
Steve Koehler is coordinator of publications at Ozarks Technical Community College. Contact him at email@example.com.
College Director of Communications
Coordinator of Publications
Phone: (417) 447-2666