By Steve Koehler
The registration for spring semester classes at Ozarks Technical Community College begins next week.
Joan Barrett, the college’s registrar, said after this fall’s enrollment jumped 16 percent to over 13,000 students, it’s hard to predict how much of an increase there will be from last year’s spring semester enrollment of 10,617.
Barrett expects more students to stay enrolled for the spring semester and also believes there will be increases in online class enrollment and in the number of students who attend OTC first before transferring to a four-year institution.
There are four dates to remember for those planning to take classes this spring, which begin Jan. 11.
• Nov. 10 is the start of registration for those who have taken 30 credit hours or more at OTC.
• Nov. 12 is the first day of registration for those students with 15-29 credit hours.
• Nov. 16 for those with 14 credit hours or less.
• Nov. 19 is the first day of registration for new students.
New students need to do a few things before they come to campus to register:
• Have your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form completed and processed. It’s available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
• Go to www.otc.edu and fill out the online application. You should get an acceptance letter in about a week.
• Have your college, high school or GED transcripts sent to the OTC admission department.
When you come to campus:
• Bring a photo ID. Payment is not required when you register.
• If you haven’t taken the ACT or if the test is more than two years old, you will have to take a COMPASS test free of charge to help place you in the correct general education courses.
• Finally, you can sign up for classes, either in person or online.
For more information, go to our Web site at www.otc.edu
Steve Koehler is coordinator of publications at Ozarks Technical Community College. Contact him at email@example.com
College Director of Communications
Coordinator of Publications
Phone: (417) 447-2666