Ten students from Ozarks Technical Community College received medals at the SkillsUSA Championships, held June 22–26 in Louisville, Ky. More than 6,000 career and technical education students participated in 100 different trade, technical and leadership fields. The SkillsUSA Championships took place as part of the SkillsUSA 51st annual National Leadership and Skills Conference.
Twenty-nine OTC students competed in the 2015 SkillsUSA Championships. They advanced to the national competition by winning the Missouri SkillsUSA competition held in April. The following OTC students won national championship medals:
• Broadcast News Production – Natalie Dorge, Bradley Justiss, Briana Rivera and Jacklyn Heaton
• Computer Programming – Jason Hicks
• Culinary Arts – Kevin Blankenship
• Graphics Imaging-Sublimation – Skyler Massey
• Web Design – Frank Giddens and Crystal Heilaman
• Early Childhood Education – Amie Oss
SkillsUSA is a national partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. SkillsUSA chapters help students who are preparing for careers in technical, skilled and service occupations excel. SkillsUSA has more than 300,000 students and instructors as members. For more information, visit SkillsUSA.org.