Community Day is coming to Ozarks Technical Community College.
The new event will offer a variety of activities and services for visitors to enjoy, including the College’s annual car and motorcycle show, free welding repairs and plant sale.
The event will be held April 24 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at National Avenue and Chestnut Expressway on the Springfield campus. Admission to the event is free.
“Community Day is our way of giving something back to everyone with a variety of services and activities. We want to offer folks a chance to come on campus and enjoy everything we have planned for that day,” said OTC President Hal L. Higdon.
The car show and welding repair day have been popular for years. Joining those two major events at Community Day will be:
• The sale of various flowers, vegetables and herbs by the College’s Turf and Landscape Management program.
• A water garden demonstration.
• Free mower blade sharpening will be available. Those who want their blades sharpened are asked to bring the blade only. Do not bring the entire mower.
• Health screenings from the Allied Health department for adults and children.
• Face painting, “slime” making, food demonstrations and art projects by the Continuing Education.
• Sword-fighting demonstrations by the cast of the College’s spring play, “Arthur’s Stone, Merlin’s Fire: The Making of a King.” Drawings will be held for free play tickets.
• A seat-belt demonstrator will allow users to experience how a seat beat can protect them.
• The Springfield-Greene County Public Library bookmobile will be on site.
• Live music and food will be available.
The cost to enter a vehicle into the car and motorcycle show is $12 in advance and $15 on the day of the event. Prizes will be given in a variety of categories. For more information about the car show, call 447-8293.
The welding day event will be taking donations for the repairs with money going to the March of Dimes. Items that can be repaired include lawn furniture and equipment, grills, gates and utility trailers. Repairs can be made on carbon steel, aluminum and stainless steel. For more information about welding day, call 447-8119.
For more information about Community Day, call 447-2654.
College Director of Communications
Coordinator of Publications
Phone: (417) 447-2666