Meet Dr. Hal Higdon, chancellor of Ozarks Technical Community College. If you see him around campus the first week of classes, be sure to stop and say hello. If you take the time to introduce yourself, there’s a chance you could win a Starbuck’s gift card!
In the meantime, check out our Q&A with Dr. Higdon to get to know him a little better:
1. How would you describe your job? What do you love most about it?
My job involves short periods of calm interspersed with short periods of chaos. I love watching students succeed – graduation is my favorite day of the year.
2. What shows are you watching right now?
Replays of SEC football.
3. If you could live in any period of history, when would it be and why?
If not now, I would live in the late 18th century. I wanted to be in Philadelphia in 1776.
4. What is your favorite flavor of jellybean?
Grape, but I like Gummy Bears better.
5. Do you have a favorite Christmas movie? If so, what is it?
It’s a tie between “It’s a Wonderful Life” and “A Christmas Story.” They’re both classic, timeless. “A Christmas Story” makes you laugh, and “It’s a Wonderful Life” makes you tear up at the end of the movie.
6. What advice would you give to incoming students this fall?
Ask for help early, even if you don’t think you need it. Be sure to check out the Speckman Tutoring and Learning Center as well.